Eating boiled eggs is a popular diet that promises many benefits and rapid weight loss. However, there are many controversies about this diet. Some people believe that this is a safe method, but many people criticize that eating a lot of eggs can be harmful to health and not effective. So can eating boiled eggs help you lose weight?
How to eat boiled eggs for weight loss?
The method of eating boiled eggs for weight loss is understood that boiled eggs are the main food in the daily diet. The meal will be combined with a number of other ingredients such as: lean protein, green vegetables and low-carb fruits.
According to the creators of this diet, eating low-carb, low-calorie boiled eggs can help you lose up to 11 kg in just 2 weeks. In addition to promoting weight loss, those who love this diet also claim that boiled eggs help provide nutrients to control blood sugar, support eyesight and strengthen bones, hair, and nails.
Can eating boiled eggs help you lose weight?
“Whether eating boiled eggs can lose weight” is a common question of many people. In fact, this diet includes only low-calorie foods that lead to calorie deficits. This means that the calories you take in will be less than the calories burned during the day. Hence, weight loss can occur. At the same time, this method improves some cardiovascular disease, blood pressure and boosts metabolism, reducing levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin compared to a high-carb diet.
However, according to experts, eating weight loss eggs is not the best choice for sustainable, long-term weight loss. Because you can gain weight again when you return to your normal diet.
In short, eating eggs for weight loss may promote weight loss in the short term, but not in the long term.
Benefits and risks of eating boiled eggs for weight loss
In the diet slimming boiled eggs are mainly healthy foods such as eggs, vegetables, lean protein, … rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants important to health. This method also limits unhealthy ingredients like sugary drinks and processed foods. These are foods that can contribute to problems such as tooth decay, high blood pressure, inflammation and insulin resistance. Processed foods can increase the risk of obesity, heart disease and cancer.
In general, the menu of the hard-boiled egg weight loss diet is not diverse, but only has specific foods. This makes it difficult for dieters to follow the diet for long. At the same time, increase the risk of nutrient deficiencies leading to lower blood pressure, fatigue, … if you follow this diet long term. Specifically: Whole grains are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. While starchy vegetables like potatoes are excellent sources of vitamin C, potassium and magnesium. Neither of these food groups are allowed in the diet
On the other hand, long-term calorie restriction can cause serious side effects such as: impaired immune system, decreased bone density, and menstrual irregularities.
Notes when eating boiled eggs to lose weight
Diet proper weight loss eggs
The hard-boiled egg diet includes eating only three meals a day and no snacks between meals.
- A complete breakfast of a boiled egg diet includes: 2 boiled eggs, 1⁄2 plate of green vegetables (except tomatoes, potatoes, asparagus) and fruit that are beneficial for weight loss such as: apple, grapefruit.
- Lunch and dinner continue to eat boiled eggs, non-starchy green vegetables and a small portion of lean protein: chicken, fish …
Although, in the diet does not require exercise, but some physical activities such as cycling, aerobics, walking, … will help you achieve effectiveness in losing weight sustainably.
Foods to eat as part of a boiled egg diet for weight loss
Here are some of the foods that are recommended in this diet:
- Eggs, eggs (yolks and egg whites can be eaten)
- Lean protein: skinless poultry, fish, lamb, beef, pork
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, legumes, ..
- Citrus fruits, berries, …
- Small amounts of fat and oil come from coconut oil, butter and mayonnaise
- Water, in addition to that, can drink diet soda and coffee without sugar
- Add a small amount of spices to help increase the flavor, stimulate appetite such as garlic, basil, turmeric, …
- Low-fat dairy products such as: low-fat yogurt and cheese.
Foods to avoid
- Vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, corn, ..
- Fruits with high sugar content such as: dried fruits, bananas, mangoes
- Grains: bread, pasta, quinoa, canned noodles, sandwiches, buckwheat and barley
- Processed foods: bacon, fast food, french fries, cookies
- Sugar-sweetened beverages: soda, fruit juice, sweet tea and alternative drinks
The diet of boiled eggs for weight loss is widely believed to help with weight loss quickly. However, it is also limited and unsustainable. Therefore, you should follow some principles of the plan as mentioned above for weight loss to be effective and maintain in the long term.